Destination Unknown....The RULES
*I am taking these rules straight out of the blog from our previous trip. We have adjusted accordingly, and are ready...WE THINK! New text is updated in BOLD print!
There has to be SOME sort of functionality to this trip. We don't want to be driving in a circle for 9 days! That's not very fun!
If you are just joining us, we have rolled our VERY FIRST ROLL!
A couple of fun things happened during the first roll...FIRST, we announced that we are going to be a 4-some instead of just Kurt and myself! My cousin Taylor and her husband, Guthrie, are joining us for the entire trip! YAY!!
Second, the dice landed on NORTH....and Guthrie used his one veto...
Lastly, the next roll has us headed to NW and so we picked Seattle as the furthest point as a STARTING place! We will FLY in, rent a vehicle and start our entire experience from there.
So Rule #1
1. Drive at least 6-8 hours in one direction to ensure we are out of a place we are familiar with. (This was changed to: Fly into new place and start trip from there.) DONE!
And like I mentioned above, we don't want to go in a giant circle, so that led to the next rule.
2. We can not go back the direction we just came. (If we've been traveling North and roll South, we will have to roll again.)
After MUCH MUCH MUCH deliberation on the amount of time spent between rolls, we have decided that because we want to be able to see the country... *This amount worked well on our first trip, and basically we realized we stayed in one MAJOR place the entire day and then moved on. Each night we should lay our heads a minimum of 4 hours away from where we were the night before. :)
3. We will roll AT LEAST every 6 hours, but driver has option to roll any time after 4 hours.
4. Each person will get to veto ONE roll ONE time the entire trip. It CAN be the other persons roll. But, when the veto is made, they must travel whatever the dice says to do next, unless it violates rule #2. *Guthrie's veto is gone! 3 vetoes remain!!
5.We will alternate who rolls each time. It will go in a circle to which we will draw for the order when we arrive at the airport on June 22nd.
6. Whoevers route we are on gets to drive it AND pick the music. :) (Unless agreed that someone different wants to drive.)
Clauses: Depending on how far out we are, we must make our way home around day 5.
So, that's the rules. Only 6. :) But, they aren't meant to control, just to help keep the chaos at a minimum!
WHO IS EXCITED!!!!????
10/10/2022 07:00:13 am
So Congress treatment simple. Often when worry about difference pressure. Church cause marriage apply research remember so.
3/6/2023 03:10:51 am
Hi nice reading youur blog
Leave a Reply.
"God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved."- Psalms 46:5
Whitney B. Cromley
Follower of Jesus.